I’ve been sharing my plans every week in r/cooking for a while now and have been really inspired by everyone’s comments on what they’re having, so please do share your plans, however vague! I have to plan so we can eat what we like and still stay on a budget, while limiting food waste as much as possible. I am also keen to get more than 5 portions of fruit & veg into myself a day, which I always manage.
[Here are my previous plans :)](https://www.reddit.com/r/Cooking/comments/109wk9l/meal_plan_with_me/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf)
This week (focusing on using frozen stuff as we are preparing to move house) :
Soup of the week: **[meatball & broccoli broth with potato](https://www.reddit.com/r/tonightsdinner/comments/10aravv/soup_salad/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf)** using a 24hour stock from scratch. We’ll eat this for lunches this week with crusty bread. Also will be tonight’s dinner alongside a big salad.
– MONDAY: **pork katsu curry** with rice and homemade pickled veggies (probably onion, carrot, beetroot and the one I’m most excited for: pickled cauliflower, which I had for the first time at a restaurant and was absolutely mind blowing, haha). I made the curry sauce and froze it a while ago so that’s nice and easy, and I will use frozen supermarket schnitzels which are much more cost effective than making my own, and saves me the mess and effort!
– TUESDAY: **sausage ragu with spinach & ricotta ravioli**. One of my favourites. I have a tomato “hidden veggie” sauce in the freezer that I’ll defrost and pour into some sautéed Italian sausagemeat. I’ll probably add some sliced mushrooms too. The ravioli is from the supermarket, but it’s a brand I like. Will serve with enough parmesan to kill a horse
– WEDNESDAY: **out** – going to hit up a pizza & salad buffet in town we haven’t tried yet. I’m actually quite excited about this!
– THURSDAY: **burgers** – I’ll make a Big Mac style sauce with pickles, and my partner wants blue cheese and bacon on his. Once again, the burger patties are store bought, but they’re good quality and it’s another thing (along with schnitzel and ravioli) that I never think is worth the time and effort, lol. I’ll probably serve them with some salad and spicy potato wedges.
– FRIDAY: **soft fish tacos** with my favourite lemony cabbage & onion slaw, homemade garlic aioli and a side of pinto beans. Maybe some roasted peppers & courgettes too.
– SATURDAY: **chilli garlic king prawn spaghetti with smoked salmon & greens**. We got some blocks of uncut smoked salmon from the supermarket on sale for 99¢ so I’ll add that in at the end. Will sauté broccoli and courgette with garlic and chilli until softened, then will deglaze with a little white wine, add in raw shrimps and spaghetti, a splash of pasta water, baby spinach, cream and grated parmesan. Salmon will go in at the end with final seasonings because we don’t want it to overcook. I will probably serve with salad.
– SUNDAY: **ribs with veggie mac & cheese**. My partner will pick up the ribs from a food truck we love on the way home, and I’ll make sure the pasta is ready. I’ll do a classic mac & cheese with a roux -> mornay sauce, and sneak in some grated carrot, courgette, broccoli & spinach. Will also possibly roast some beets or yam on the side.
Hopefully these ideas inspire or interest someone.. I’d love to hear what you’re having!