Choose a big sporting or social event that everyone in the office enjoys watching and discussing, like the Grand National or Wimbledon.
Arrange a sweepstake where colleagues draw names from a hat before the event starts. Whoever has the winning name at the end of the event takes a portion of the winnings (or the prize you buy) and the rest of the money goes to charity.
What you need
- An event to run the sweepstake on.
- A hat to pick your choice out of. (Or anything that can hold the names!)
- A collection box or tin to keep the donations in.
Steps to organise your day
- Publicise your event throughout your workplace through posters, flyers, social media and internal email.
- Choose your event you want to run the sweepstake on.
- Get everyone to take their pick with a small fee for each pick.